REVEN 2.7.1 is a bugfix release. Upgrade from REVEN 2.7.0 is recommended.
If upgrading from 2.6.0 or earlier, it is recommended to read the release notes for version 2.7.0.
- The taint would sometimes crash when run backward. In Axion, the crash could manifest with taint results being unexpectedly cut short, and sometimes all the changes reported in the taint would be prefixed by a warning sign.
- Axion would sometimes crash while browsing the trace with some text selected in the Trace view.
- Creating a live snapshot for a VM with more than 4GB of RAM would sometimes freeze the VM and never end, growing the snapshot file on disk indefinitely.
- Wrong symbols could sometimes be displayed when disconnecting Axion and reconnecting it to another project.
Debian 9 (Stretch) is getting old. To provide you with recent software and improve our development process, please note that REVEN 2.7.x versions are the last versions that will run on Debian 9 (Stretch). If you are using the Debian archive of REVEN, you will need to upgrade to a new Debian version to install REVEN 2.8 or superior.
Please note that REVEN 2.7.x versions are the last versions that support Python 2.7, which has reached End-of-Life in 2020. Future versions of REVEN will only support Python 3.7 and superior.
- When recording a QEMU VM with UEFI enabled, the UEFI boot option is not passed when replaying.
As a workaround, add
-bios /usr/share/ovmf/OVMF.fdto the replay options when replaying a scenario recorded with a UEFI-enabled VM.