This page lists the minimum pre-requisites to meet for a new REVEN installation of the server. When in doubt, don't hesitate to contact us.
- A desktop processor is good enough in a large number of cases.
- The minimum RAM amount is 16GB.
- REVEN is highly I/O performance dependent, and requires at least a SATA SSD.
- The storage capacity for that SSD should be at least 1TB.
- In the Professional Edition, an active Internet access is required while using REVEN.
- The docker package supports any Linux distribution.
- The native package must be installed on a Debian 10 Buster amd64 system.
- Full network access to the server.
- Nested virtualization must be supported in the host machine and enabled for the REVEN VM. Please see the dedicated section on how to do this if you are unsure.
- The virtual disks should be configured to provide maximum performance. The default parameters may be enough, but as this heavily depends on your setup, this documentation cannot provide more detailed installation steps. If you encounter performance problems with REVEN later, this requirement may be a cause. Don't hesitate to contact support for guidance in your particular case.
- All other hardware and system requirements must be met for REVEN to run smoothly.
Both the native REVEN package and the docker package can be installed in a VM. If starting from scratch, you can for instance install Debian Buster in a fresh VM, and then the native package in that VM. If you already have other Linux VMs that are not Debian Buster, then you can install the Docker package.
Once you reviewed the pre-requisites and made sure to meet the baseline, you can proceed further to the Server installation.