REVEN 2.8.2 is a bugfix release. Upgrading from REVEN 2.8.1 is recommended.
- If upgrading from 2.7.1 or earlier, it is mandatory to read the release notes for version 2.8.0.
- If upgrading from 2.6.0 or earlier, it is recommended to read the release notes for version 2.7.0.
- In the Calltree view, the current transition indicator displayed as a red horizontal line could be wrong when folding the oldest parent.
- The Calltree view could cause unnecessary CPU usage.
- In the tutorial, Next/Prev buttons would not work in some cases.
- In the Strings resource, some strings could contain garbage characters.
Analysis of Linux systems
- The Framebuffer view could be wrong for some Linux scenarios recorded in graphical mode (X or Wayland server...).
- Symbols could be wrong for binaries whose lowest LOAD section was not executable.
- Kernel description generation would fail in some cases, leading to unavailable OSSI information.